Please see below, MEMA has activated to a level 2 due to the threat of high winds.
Please reach out to the HMCC Duty Officer at (978)-946-8130 for emergencies.
MASSACHUSETTS EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT AGENCY SITUATIONAL AWARENESS STATEMENT
DATE: February 25, 2019
TIME: 8:00 AM
SUBJECT: State Emergency Operations Center Activation
Due to today’s forecast high winds and the potential for associated impacts such as downed trees, blocked roads, and power outages, the State Emergency Operations Center (SEOC) at MEMA Headquarters in Framingham has activated to Level 2 (Partial Activation) as of 7:00 AM in order to provide situational awareness and coordinate requested assistance to cities and towns.
In addition to MEMA staff, liaisons from the following Emergency Support Functions (ESFs) are present at the SEOC:
- ESF-6 – American Red Cross
- ESF-12 – Department of Public Utilities
Communities or partners needing support can contact the SEOC by one of the following methods:
- VHF or 800 MHz radio,
- Phone at 508-820-2000,
- WebEOC, using the 2019 February Incidents Event
Utilize Massachusetts Alerts to receive emergency notifications and information from the Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency and the National Weather Service. Massachusetts Alerts is a free app that is available for Android and iPhones. To learn more about Massachusetts Alerts, and for information on how to download the free app onto your smartphone, visit: http://www.mass.gov/service-details/massachusetts-alerts-smartphone-app.
Utilize MEMA’s real-time power outage viewer to stay informed about current power outages in your community and region, and across the state, including information from utility companies about restoration times: http://mema.mapsonline.net/public.html
Utilize MEMA’s live weather radar and forecasting tools: http://www.mass.gov/map-resources
For additional information and resources, visit:
- Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency at www.mass.gov/mema
- MEMA’s Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/MassachusettsEMA
- MEMA Twitter: @MassEMA
- Federal Emergency Management Agency at www.fema.gov
- National Weather Service/Norton at www.weather.gov/boston
- National Weather Service/Albany, NY at www.weather.gov/albany
- National Weather Service Weather Prediction Center: http://www.wpc.ncep.noaa.gov
- National Weather Service Storm Prediction Center: http://www.spc.noaa.gov/
- Mass211 at www.mass211.org