Region 3 HMCC: Health and Medical Coordinating Coalition: Planning & Operations Coordinator
The Planning & Operation Coordinator will report to the Program Manager to perform professional, technical and administrative work for the HMCC to fulfill the requirements of the HMCC workplan deliverables. Share in being the on-call Duty Officer for Region 3 HMCC, providing 24/7/365 coverage. This position will require the Planning & Operation Coordinator to work with all the core disciplines to create, exercise, update, and maintain a regional coordination plan working with limited supervision and be able to work independently.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Along with the HMCC Program Manager develop regional health and medical
- emergency policies and procedures.
- Work as an interdisciplinary team member to design and implement regional
- health and medical programs.
- Attend Emergency Preparedness planning meetings throughout the region and the Commonwealth as requested.
- Collaborate with core HMCC discipline members and other interdisciplinary
- partners such as MRC, Emergency Management, local Fire and Police to execute health and medical emergency preparedness planning and coordinate information sharing and resource requests during incidents within Region 3.
- Support the development of list/list serves to ensure comprehensive information
- sharing among all disciplines and partners.
- As needed support resource coordination within the region.
- Conduct an annual review of the regional Emergency Coordination Plan (ECP)
- and all associated annexes.
- Ensure annual communication drills occur utilizing the HMCC contact list.
- Support the development and subsequent testing of the Regional Surge Plan.
- Facilitate meetings and develop agendas as needed.
- Provide 24/7 cover as a duty officer in either a primary or backup role as outlined in the Region 3 Duty Officer plan.
- Attend all applicable Emergency Preparedness related meetings, trainings and exercises throughout the region and the state.
- Must be flexible to perform unexpected day-to-day tasks necessary to maintain
- continuity within the established disciplines.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the program manager in a professional,
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Efficient, and effective manner.
- Ability to conceptualize and organize projects into manageable tasks.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to prepare written reports.
- Experience in excel, word, adobe, outlook, publisher and other software products.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to craft and draft a proper AAR/IP (After Action Report and Improvement Plan).
- National Incident Management System (NIMS)/Incident Command System (ICS)
- 100, 200, 700, and 800 certifications required or must be obtained with three months of employment; ICS-300 and ICS-400 certification preferred. Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program (HSEEP) knowledge preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Emergency Management or a related field
- required; and or work experience in planning and exercise development..
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong public speaking skills
- and strong attention to detail required.
Please submit resume and cover letter to Elizabeth Robert at firstname.lastname@example.org by March 26, 2018